Bobtail Delivery Driver
About the Position
The bobtail delivery truck driver is responsible for delivering liquefied petroleum gas (propane) safely to our customers. Although their main duty includes delivering propane other responsibilities are equally important such as: completing and submitting the Customer Relationship Questionnaire, completing and documenting daily pre-trip inspection according to CHP & FMCSR guidelines, follow all Company, State and Federal safety procedures/regulations, listen and resolve customer service issues, keep truck clean and stocked, and reports, in writing, any safety or mechanical problems to the Operations Manager.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, tool & scales sizes and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree.
- CDL, Class B or A with HazMat, air brake, and tank endorsements, with valid medical card & security check.
- Minimum one year verifiable experience driving like vehicles.
- No more than 1 moving violation during the previous 3 years, including proof with current motor vehicle report from the DMV.
- No more than one a-fault accident during the previous 3 years, including proof with the current motor vehicle report from the DMV.
- Able to read and speak English sufficiently as required by 49U.S.C.§ 391.11(b)(2)
- Be physically qualified to drive a company vehicle and handle 75lbs of weight.
- No major violations including: DUI, reckless driving, operating a vehicle under a suspended license, hit & run, manslaughter, or use of a vehicle in a commission of a felony.
While preforming duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to propane fumes and outside weather conditions. The employee us occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderated and occasionally loud.
Ted Johnson Propane pays a competitive wage plus annual bonus commensurate with the successful candidate’s background, education and experience. Ted Johnson Propane offers company-paid health benefits for the employee and his or her family, paid sick, vacation & holidays, company sponsored training and employee managed Profit Sharing/401k plan.
Hours: Monday through Friday 6:00am – 2:30pm. Overtime is sometimes required. Being available on the weekends and holiday’s is encouraged and welcomed.
Please email your resume to Alexandria Cesena – firstname.lastname@example.org